I suggest you ...

awesome app!! thanks!! but doesnt work..

hi :) thanks for this great free app i need to make notes for websites so your app is absolutely helpful!! and on your help page i can in fact see the notepad window when i click on "create note" but on all other tabs when i click on them and click create note it doesnt do anything. i restarted opera that didnt help. i use latest opera on win8. any input or help cos probably iam just doing somethn wrong, would be highly appreciated. thanks

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    klaus schmidtklaus schmidt shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James GloverAdminJames Glover (Developer, Noteit Posts) commented  · 

Looks like I'm running 12.16 at home, and can't find an earlier version to download from anywhere that looks remotely trustworthy.

However it gave me a chance to recheck what the behaviour is supposed to be like:

1) Click create note
        2) Click the spanner in the top left
        3) Select the colour from the drop down to set it for that note
        4) The colour should save almost immediately. You can click the spanner again to get back to the note itself, but that is not necessary.
        5) When you refresh the page, the note should appear with the new colour.

To change the default:
        1) Right click the new note button
        2) Click preferences
        3) Choose a new colour under Colour
        4) Click save

Both worked fine for me, and surrived restarting the browser session. I did notice that notes didn't display in restored tabs until they were refreshed.

If this isn't happening for you, I'm not sure what to suggest.

Hi,

I'll have a look at this once I get home. I'm afraid I don't use Opera any more, for reasons I expect you're familiar with, given you're still using 12.07.

The setting tab accessed by clicking the tab at the top of each note is intended to be a per note setting. If you want to change the colour for all notes you can change your preferences though the extension preferences page. (If I recall correctly this can be accessed through opera's extension page, or through right clicking on the Noteit posts button)

I thought that note colour got saved the moment you changed it, but I might be misremembering.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

OK, now it saved a Note on THIS page but it's not the color we chose; it's white. The Configuration or Preferences does not seem to work on Opera 12.02, Win7. Are we supposed to configure every Note separately instead of one Config to apply to all Notes? (Even that doesn't seem to work on this setup.) This is not fun, even though the concept is a great one and is much needed. Hope you can help us. We like the version of Opera we're using and don't want to have to upgrade.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Frustrating. It doesn't seem to work and using this Feedback page is also rather annoying. Maybe something is not showing up on this version of Opera? Can't find our Comments we have posted.
        The Postit add-on does not take our Preferences (no color change) and does not seem to save our Note on a webpage. There is no Help file or How to Get Started Help Page with this add-on. Even setting Preferences is iffy because it is unclear how to SAVE the Preferences. Please clarify and make things easier to find and operate. Thanks a lot!

You said you restarted Opera, but did you try reloading the pages you were trying to insert a note on? Opera caches the pages, and reloads from the cache upon restarting Opera.

If you have reloaded the page, and it still doesn't work, drop me one of the URLs you're having trouble with an I'll look into it.

(I really need to get another version out soon)

Feedback and Knowledge Base